Announcing 2023 Professional Development Workshop Schedule
Foundational Mentoring Skills (MentorPlus) | Quality Relationships in youth mentoring | In-house workshops |strength based approaches to mentoring
We are excited to announce our Professional development training schedule for 2023.
Foundational Skills Programme (Mentor Plus)
In 2023 we are going to be running four of our introductory foundational skills mentoring programme (MentorPlus) and registrations are now open for these.
- Christchurch: Tues 21 and Wed 22 March 2023, Pavillion Hotel, Papanui Road, Papanui
- Auckland: Tues 9 and Wed 10 May 2023, Rosepark Hotel, 92 Gladstone Road, Parnell
- Wellington: Tues 12 and Wed 13 September 2023, Atura Hotel, Hawkestone Street, Wellington
- Auckland: Tues 7 and Wed 8 November 2023, Rosepark Hotel, 92 Gladstone Road, Parnell
Quality Relationships in Youth Mentoring
We are also planning to renew the very popular one-day Quality Relationships programme.
This workshop focuses on the art of forming and maintaining relationships with young people in mentoring, and provides new frameworks, research and skills to strengthen quality mentoring relationships, across all levels of mentoring programme delivery, including coordinators, teachers, mentors, youth workers and volunteers.
At this stage we are planning seven workshops - four in person and three online. Registrations for these will open in the New Year.
- Online: Wed 29 March 2023
- Waikato region: Thurs 15 June 2023
- Hawke Bay region: Thurs 20 July 2023
- Online: Wed 30 August 2023
- Manawatu region: Thurs 12 October 2023
- Online: Wed 25 October 2023
- South Island location (tbc): Thurs 30 November 2023
In-house (site based) workshops - on request
In additional to our scheduled workshops we often run workshops for organisations and / or community-based groups on request. These can be tailored to meet specific needs. In 2022 we run community based workshops in Whangarei, Auckland and the Coromandel. Please contact us to discuss your requirements - firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, we are currently working on developing a new one day workshop ready to launch in the second half of the year. This is going to be looking at strength-based approaches to mentoring.