Registrations now open for our new Strengths-Based Skills for Youth Mentoring workshop
We are excited to bring you this brand new workshop in our Sharing the Kaupapa series. This new workshop is all about exploring strengths-based approaches in Youth Mentoring.
In this new workshop our aim is to:
- increase depth in understanding the strengths-based philosophy
- identify the relevance of a strengths focus in youth mentoring
- shift youth mentoring practice and the language we use with and about young people to become increasingly strengths-based and mana-affirming
- explore a reflective process to guide change (the Column Tool)
- practice 12 strengths-based skills
- build even stronger youth mentoring networks, and of-course
- have fun!
Who should attend?
This workshop is for people who work with young people, including: mentors, mentor programme providers, youth workers, educators, school counsellors, pastors, central and local government agency staff and community workers.
By bringing these workshops to the regions once again, we hope to strengthen regional and national networks in the well-established youth mentoring community.
There is a registration fee of $150 inclusive GST and booking fee. Catering is included and you will also receive a comprehensive workbook to take back to work with you.
Register online now:
Registrations are now open for our first two workshops:
1. South Auckland: 29 February 2024. click on link to register:
2. Wellington: 21 March 2024. click on link to register: