We provide in-house consulting services to organisations wanting to establish a Youth Mentoring programme or align their current mentoring offering with international best practice.
The areas covered duirng this consulation include:
- Programme development:
- programme design
- programme planning
- programme mangement and governance, and
- programme evaluation
- Six core elements of effective practice:
- recruitment of mentors and mentees
- selection and safety checking of mentors and mentees
- orientation and training of mentors and mentees
- matching mentors and mentees
- monitoring and suporting the match, and
- closing the match.
You may also find it useful to refer to the following publications which are available online for you to download and utilise.
- Guide to Effective and Safe Practice in Youth Mentoring (2nd edition) NZYMN Effective Practice Guide_updated November 2018
- A self-assessment workbook NZYMN Effective and Safe Practice in Youth Mentoring_Self Assessment Workbook
Further information about these resources can be found here
Who will benefit from this service?
Organisations wanting to set-up or run an effective Youth Mentoring Programme in New Zealand. (Youth Development Programmes, Sports Clubs, Schools, Iwi based youth programmes, Churches, Community-based youth focused organisations, etc)
Fee: Please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can then provide a quote for delivery of this service.